On April 7th Governor Ivey released a proclamation that lifted the mask mandate in the state of Alabama, yet asked us to continue to exercise personal responsibility and good judgment going forward. In light of this, and following Bishop Raica’s exhortation of the faithful to return to in-person worship, Prince of Peace has developed the following steps:
- We will continue to encourage our parishioners to wear a mask at Mass and while visiting the parish campus as we await higher fully-vaccinated percentages in the population. We will have masks available at the welcome desk for anyone wishing to use one.
- We will continue our comprehensive sanitization and disinfection procedures.
- As we have learned that Covid is primarily an airborne virus and unlikely to be transmitted by touching contaminated surfaces, we have replaced the hymnals in the sanctuary and we will resume passing the collection basket this weekend.
- At a future date, we will reopen some pew rows to accommodate the increasing attendance at Mass. We will ensure that there are plenty of pews roped off to accommodate parishioners desiring social distancing.
- Altar servers and the carrying up of the gifts will return at this weekend’s Masses, April 10/11.
- Full choirs will resume at Pentecost, May 23.
We welcome everyone to Mass and appreciate your continued support as we continue to navigate through the pandemic.
Divine Mercy Sunday Service | April 11
Dr. Wisely Suicide Crisis Webinar | April 13
Diaper drive | April 19-May 7
LifeSouth blood drive | May 10-14
Minus One | resumes May 18
Drive-through Communion | discontinued after Pentecost
Full choirs | resume May 23
Tiny Disciples | resumes June 6
55+ Better | resumes June 6
Sunday nursery |temporarily closed
Mass livestreams | continuing
Vacation Bible School | none this year
Please visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with everything that is happening at Prince of Peace!